We held a great webinar on values-based/social investing with Gail Ball, Managing Partner at Alumni Ventures Group, where she leads three VC funds – Social Impact Fund, Women’s Fund and Chestnut Street Ventures (for Penn grads). She also leads the firm’s diversity and inclusion and impact-investing efforts.
With many current or future investors searching for the “double bottom line”, making investments that not only realize big returns, but also fulfill a larger mission and make a real impact is an important decision in that process.
We want it…and if we can do it, the world will be a better place: aligning our investing with our values.
The webinar covers:
- What it means to invest with your values.
- Various ways an investor might assess opportunities that align with both for-profit and for-good goals.
- Trends in impact-based investing, in particular investing in women.
- The state of women in venture – both for investors and entrepreneurs.
- The big difference between philanthropy and values-based investing for returns.
About Alumni Ventures Group
AVG is one of the most active venture funds in the world. We make the venture asset class available to millions of individuals who previously haven’t had access to a high-quality, diversified venture portfolio.
AVG Women’s Fund and Social Impact Fund
AVG’s Women’s Fund focuses on investments that support women entrepreneurs and/or directly impact women in the areas of opportunity, health, education, or wellbeing.
AVG’s Social Impact Fund targets investments in ventures that support education, sustainability, community building, economic opportunity and poverty alleviation. Both Funds offer investors a portfolio of 20 – 30 diversified deals that focus on each fund’s specific investment thesis, supported by our disciplined investment process.