Kapor Capital is helping bring diversity to our conference by giving free tickets to women of color.
By Jessica Schimm (Digital Audience Engagement Lead, Women 2.0)
Kapor Capital is working with Women 2.0 to help diversify the tech scene.
To generate economic value and positive social impact, Oakland-based investment fund Kapor Capital invests in human capital. Kapor Capital will be funding conference passes – to be awarded to women of color – to our upcoming HowTo Conference Sept. 30- Oct. 1 in San Francisco.
The deadline to apply is Monday, Sept. 22 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. Winners will be shortly after. We appreciate Kapor Capital, our City Meetup Oakland Sponsor, for taking the initiative to support women in tech by providing financial resources to drive social change in communities of color. This is the fourth time Kapor Capital has provided scholarship tickets our conference program, they also sponsor City Meetup Oakland. We are incredibly grateful to have their support.
APPLY by Monday, Sept. 22nd at Midnight PST.
To get a full understanding of our conference experience check out our conference website.
*photo by Elvina Beck.
For quick highlights, see below:
* Learn: “How To”dissect data, scale design, maximize your engineering team’s potential, be a better leader and innovator and more from:
– former Head of Engineering from Facebook
– the CMO of Yahoo!
– the Head of Design of Nest (Google)
– the VP of Data at Jawbone
See our complete list of conference speakers here
* Connect with founders, engineers, designers, marketers and executives from big tech giants and up-and-coming startups
* What Else You Can Expect:
- A PITCH competition of the newest and most promising female-founded technology companies
- open-debate in panels
- exclusive lunchtime mentoring with investors and founders
- and tons of networking (relax and get creative over a libation!)