By Francine Gordon (Chair, SVForum Tech Women) BayBrazil and SVForum Tech Women are featuring foreign-born women succeeding in Silicon Valley. The first program earlier this year highlighted a series of female business leaders from around the world. Side discussions revolved around the tradeoffs of having legally required quotas, such as those that have been imposed in some European countries and elsewhere.
This time, the focus is on young women who have become technology entrepreneurs. All of the founders on the "Global Women's Journey" panel on Thursday, August 25 in San Jose are members of Women 2.0.
The panel discussion will be moderated by NPR's Laura Sydell and includes:
- Aihui Ong (Founder/CEO/CTO, Love with Food) from Singapore
- Michelle Zatlyn (Co-Founder & Head of User Experience, CloudFlare) from Canada
- Poornima Vijayashanker (Founder & CEO, BizeeBee) born in India
- Raissa Nebie (Co-Founder & CEO, Spoondate) born in Paris of West African parents
- Yin L. Yin (International Business Development Manager, Silver Spring Networks) born in Beijing, raised in Germany, and a US-educated Canadian citizen
Because of the relationship Women 2.0 has with SVForum Tech Women, members of Women 2.0 are being offered the same discount as SVForum Members. Women 2.0 members save $10 with discount code "membersvforum" here. We hope that you'll be able to join us at what promises to be a lively and informative session hosted by Adobe Systems in San Jose, CA.
Editor's note: Got a question for our guest blogger? Leave a message in the comments below. About the guest blogger: Francine Gordon is Chair of SVForum Tech Women and the Co-Organizer of TEDxBayArea Women program. Upon completion of her PhD from Yale University, Francine began her professional life as one of the first two women on the faculty at Stanford Graduate School of Business. She has held senior management roles at several high tech firms and is currently writing a book on gender and innovation (Womennovation). As CEO of F Gordon Group, Francine works with global companies addressing innovation, teamwork, leadership, and the advancement of women.