The DEMO Conference and Women 2.0 announce a partnership and DEMO's offerings of multiple scholarship opportunities to enable a select group of companies to launch at DEMO. The DEMO Scholarship Partner Program will feature a total of 20 full scholarships for bootstrapped companies (valued at $18,500 each).
Of these DEMO scholarships, a minimum of 4 will be dedicated to women entrepreneurs; 10 partial scholarships will be awarded to angel-funded companies and 10 full scholarships will awarded to college students.
DEMO Fall 2011 will take place this September 12-14, 2011 in Silicon Valley. Scholarship application deadline is July 1. Apply now! Scholarship opportunities include:
- Women Entrepreneurs -- DEMO had the pleasure of introducing this scholarship dedicated to women in technology at DEMO Spring, hand-in-hand with the Startup America Partnership, IDG and the Kauffman Foundation to support a scholarship for four companies with female CEO’s.
- Bootstrapped Companies -- DEMO will offer full scholarships for a limited number of companies ready to launch their product. These companies will have raised no more than $500k in funding.
- Angel-Funded Companies -- Partial scholarships will be provided to 10 companies that have received some angel funding but not in excess of $1.5M.
- College Alpha Program -- DEMO will also award innovation coming out of America’s finest colleges and universities. Full scholarships will be provided to 10 deserving individuals or groups that have meaningful new technologies that are deserving of presentation to the worldwide, elite audience that DEMO brings.
All launch companies, including scholarship recipients, will benefit from the unrivaled services DEMO provides including presentation coaching, a dedicated DEMO public relations team, turn-key exhibitor station with signage, access to all international DEMO Conferences, and a profile page with a hosted DEMO launch video that receives massive exposure through VentureBeat and IDG properties, such as CIO, Network World, Computerworld and Macworld to drive exposure to your launch.
The nationwide DEMO Innovation tour is back! Matt Marshall, DEMO Executive Producer and the DEMO team will travel around the country to connect with the DEMO community in search of the best innovation to showcase at DEMO Fall 2011.
Submit an application for a 30 minute private meeting with the DEMO team and leading Venture capitals in a city near you. Ten spots available per tour stop. Each company selected will also have the opportunity to address a larger audience at the DEMO Tour party in the evening open to the entire DEMO community of VCs, investors, media and PR professionals.
Apply to meet or register to attend a DEMO networking event:
- Boulder, CO -- June 15, 2011 -- Present to VCs: Foundry Group
- Seattle, WA -- June 21, 2011 -- Present to VCs: Madrona Venture Group
- Vancouver, BC Canada -- June 23, 2011 -- Present to VCs: Rogers Ventures
- Toronto, ON Canada -- June 28, 2011 Present to VCs: Rogers Ventures
- Montreal, QC Canada -- July 15, 2011 -- Present to VCs: Rogers Ventures
DEMO Conference, which has a 20-year heritage of introducing game-changing new technology products to the world, serves the entire ecosystem of technology innovation, from initial product concept to products ready for introduction into the market. During the two-day event, DEMO provides an environment for demonstrating companies to secure venture funding, establish critical business relationships, influence early adopters and meet with top tier press. For more info, visit DEMO.com.