WIN a Women 2.0 Conference SF 2014 Ticket!
Want to win a 2-day conference ticket to our Women 2.0 2014 Conference in San Francisco that includes up to $1000 in travel expenses and hotel accommodations? All you need to do is complete three easy steps.
By Arti Sharma (Founder Friday Global Coordinator, Women 2.0)
Want to attend TWO Women 2.0 conferences for the price of ONE? We are giving away a 2-day conference ticket to our Women 2.0 Conference in San Francisco 2014, PLUS up to $1000 towards travel and hotel accommodations, sponsored by Dorsey & Whitney!
How can you win tickets? Follow the three easy steps below by November 3, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
How to Enter
To enter purchase a ticket to the Women 2.0 Las Vegas conference before October 31st (if you haven’t already) or submit a mail-in entry with the photo of you standing next to the poster to:
645 Harrison St., Suite #200
San Francisco, CA 94107
Then complete the following steps:
STEP 1: Locate a Women 2.0 Conference Poster in the locations that we have listed below (SF, NYC, LA, San Diego).
STEP 2: Take a picture of yourself next to the poster, check-in on Foursquare, Facebook or Twitter with location (include the photo) and include the hashtag #w2conf13
Note: Each photo you post on social media counts as one entry into the contest; the more posts on social media, the better your odds are of winning. The winner will be randomly selected on November 4th.
You can find a Women 2.0 conference poster at the following locations:
ELIGIBILITY: Must be 21+ years old to participate
CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on October 24, 2013 at 11am Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) Zone in the United States and ends on November 3, 2013, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) Zone (“Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change.
Unlimited entries per entrant per day
For more information read terms & conditions below.
Thank you again to our sponsor Dorsey & Whitney for helping to make this contest happen! Remember, there is no limit for the number of entries you submit so don’t be afraid to snap a bunch of photos. We will announce the winner via Facebook and Twitter on Monday, November 4th. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this Contest. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
Terms & Conditions
- SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored by Women 2.0, [645 Harrison St., Suit #200, San Francisco, CA 94107] and Dorsey & Whitney.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contes is open to legal residents of the United States who are twenty-one (21) years or older. Employees of Sponsor and their family members are prohibited from entering.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on October 24, 2013 at 11am Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) Zone in the United States and ends on November 3, 2013, 11:59pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) Zone (“Contest Period”). The duration, commencement and ending of the Contest Period are subject to change based on Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period:(1) take a picture of yourself next to one a Women 2.0 conference poster at one of the specified locations and tweet, Facebook, or Instagram the photo with the hashtag #w2conf13; (2) check in at the location of the poster via FourSquare, Facebook or Twitter; and (3) purchase a ticket to the Women 2.0 Las Vegas conference before October 31st (if you haven’t already). Participants may enter multiple times per day by repeating steps 1 and 2 above. You may also enter by sending a photograph of yourself next to one of Sponsor’s posters with your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address to [Women 2.0, 645 Harrison St, Suite #200, San Francisco, CA, 94107], which must be received by [November 4, 2013]. There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit, so don’t be afraid to snap and share a bunch of photos.
- Selection of Winner: The Winner will be selected by a random drawing and announced on Facebook and Twitter on Monday, November 4, 2013. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. If Winner does not contact Sponsor at [645 Harrison St., Suit #200, San Francisco, CA 94107] to acknowledge acceptance of the Prize within 10 business days after being notified that he or she is the Winner, another Winner may be chosen using the same procedure specified above.
- PRIZE: The Winner will receive one (1) 2-day conference ticket to the Women 2.0 2014 Conference in San Francisco plus travel expenses (up to $500) and hotel accommodations (up to $500) (the “Prize”). The Approximate Retail Value of the Prize is [$2000]. Final actual value may be less depending on travel and hotel expenses. The Prize is non-transferable with no cash redemption or equivalent. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a different prize of approximately equal value in its sole discretion. Any federal, state and local taxes associated with the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner. All expenses not specified above including, but not limited to, meals, beverages, gratuities, incidentals, change-of-ticket fees, hotel charges, and any transportation and hotel fees in excess of the specified amounts are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner must be available on the stipulated days of the event. All other days are void. At Sponsor’s sole discretion Winner shall reasonably cooperate with Sponsor to arrange for the prompt booking of travel and hotel arrangements or reimbursement of travel and hotel expenses. Winner is responsible for providing all necessary travel documentation and identification.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to abide by the terms and conditions thereof as established by Sponsor. Women 2.0 also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if, in Women 2.0’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, or Women 2.0.
- COMPUTER ERRORS: Sponsor assumes no responsibility for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for damaged, lost, late, illegible or misdirected entries; technical, hardware, software, electronic or telephone failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; fraudulent, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by Sponsor, the users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest; or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions or downloading, that may limit, delay or prevent an entrant’s ability to participate in the contest.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between Women 2.0 and the entrant, the entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to the photo (excluding Women 2.0’s rights in the Women 2.0 logo/trademark). As a condition of entry, entrant grants Women 2.0 a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the photo for any purpose, including display on Women 2.0’s website, without any attribution or compensation to entrant. entries will not be returned.
- Entry Guidelines: Photographs may not contain profanity, pornographic, or sexual content, content promoting the use of illegal drugs, hateful content of any kind (including but not limited to racist, sexist and homophobic content), content that promotes violence or any other offensive, obscene, or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Photographs may also not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies, including, but not limited to Sponsor. Participants must hold all rights (e.g., copyright, right of publicity) to their photographs. Participants agree to indemnify Sponsor, Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare and Instagram against any and all claims of infringement or violation of any third-party rights for any use by Sponsor of any entrant photograph. If, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, a photograph infringes a copyright owned by a third party or violates any other third-party right or any ordinance, regulation, law or these Official Rules, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Women 2.0 reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Women 2.0 further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Women 2.0 reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
- NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of a photo into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with Women 2.0. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their photos voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between entrant and Women 2.0 and that no such relationship is established by Entrant’s submission of a photo under these Rules.
- Affidavit: As a condition of winning the Prize, the Winner may be requested to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release or the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected using the same procedure described above.
- RELEASE: PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS, AFFILIATED COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST AND ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION AND USE OF ANY PRIZE. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERROR IN THE PRINTING OF THE OFFER OR ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZE.
- FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
- ARBITRATION: By entering the Contest, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Women 2.0 of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in the San Francisco, California, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.
- NO SPONSORSHIP: PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK, FOURSQUARE, TWITTER, OR INSTAGRAM . PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS FACEBOOK FOURSQUARE, TWITTER, AND INSTAGRAM FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST IS PROVIDED TO SPONSOR ONLY AND NOT FACEBOOK, FOURSQUARE, TWITTER, OR INSTAGRAM.
- CONTEST RESULTS AND OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the identity of the Winner and/or a copy of these Official Rules, [send an email to [email@example.com] -or- send a self-addressed stamped envelope to [Women 2.0],[ 645 Harrison St., Suit #200, San Francisco, CA 94107].