After hosting the successful 5th Annual PITCH 2012 in the Silicon Valley, Women 2.0 is excited to launch the inaugural PITCH NYC Conference & Competition 2012 (PITCH NYC 2012).
Open to early-stage high-growth ventures around the world, PITCH NYC 2012 invites companies with at least one female in the founding team to apply. Applying companies must be in beta stage and have received less than a million in funding. We’re looking for the most disruptive web/mobile ventures, connected device companies, etc. Prizes include $25,000 cash, investor meetings, startup services and more!
Deadline to apply is August 31, 2012 @ MIDNIGHT (EST).
HANG TIGHT! Our judges will be reviewing applications and finalists notified by October 1, 2012.
International applicants are welcome to apply. The only requirement is that they must be present to pitch in NYC at the November 2012 conference if they are selected as finalists. A technical co-founder is required, but certain exceptions will be made. Please contact us if you have questions about eligibility.
PITCH NYC Prizes!
The winning startup at PITCH NYC 2012 will receive:
- A meeting with Marc Andreessen (Co-Founder & General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz).
- A one-year service to Rackspace (valued at $24,000).
- An automatic finalist interview for TechStars NYC Winter 2013 class.
Additional prizes include:
- L’Oréal Women in Digital grant of $25,000 in cash. This grant provides a year-long commitment from L’Oréal for coaching, mentorship and introductions to VC partners and L’Oréal brand leads for testing opportunities.
- People’s Choice wins a one-on-one meeting with NYC angel investor Joanne Wilson.
Stay tuned as we will be announcing more prizes in the following weeks.