Some of the coolest content from around the Web that’s spurred conversation and inspired us to dream big this week.
By Jessica Stillman (Editor, Women 2.0)
Are you back from the holiday break feeling refreshed and ready to rock in 2014?
We’re fired up and ready to go here at Women 2.0 as we work on bringing you more great content and conferences in the coming year. To keep us inspired, informed and dreaming big, we rely on an array of amazing commentators, pundits and influencers online and off. Here are some of the posts and articles that we found most conversation-worthy as we got into the swing of 2014 this week. Here’s to a great year!
- What is it s like to be a Victoria's Secret model who codes in her free time?
- The word of the week: holacratic.
- And here’s another fascinating look at Zappos’ push to get rid of titles and managers. Do you think it will work?
- Five impressive women innovators discuss their New Year’s resolutions. (And as a special bonus, here are our CEO’s!)
- VentureBeat rounds up the best stories about women in tech from the past year. Inspiring all.
- Why women won’t be part of the voting for 2013's best video game.
- Women VCs on the difference between the women and men that approach them: men pitch vision, women pitch metrics.
- Om Malik lays out the major themes that emerged over the past 12 months in tech, including that “the challenges of the connected future are less technical and more legislative, political and philosophical.” Hey now, that’s part of what we’re discussing at our upcoming conference!
- Are you sure you want to be an entrepreneur? Really?
What got you talking this week?
Jessica Stillman (@entrylevelrebel) is the editor of Women 2.0 and a freelance writer with interests in unconventional career paths, generational differences, and the future of work. She writes a daily column for Inc.com, contributes regularly to Forbes and has blogged for CBS MoneyWatch, GigaOM and Brazen Careerist, among others. Photo credit: Starry Reston via Flickr.