Learn how to get things done as opposed to talking about the internets. SheSays has teamed up with Elizabeth Kiehner from Thornberg & Forester to give you all the basics you need to start your career digital in superstardom in a Digital Production Course on December 7 in New York City. The event will keep things practical, focusing on the 'how' rather than the 'what'.
The class will show you how to make a Facebook brand application. Instructors are award-winning professionals who work in the industry and know what they are talking about.
Here what the class brings:
- An overview of work by 'channel' (gaming, tablets, social media, sites, apps, etc) using award-winning case studies to explain how to budget and timeline a digital project. We’ll also cover the types of teams you’ll need.
- Learn the lingo that covers the “what”, eg w: Image formats, software, program languages, banners and online advertising terminology, digital video glossary, version control, etc.
- What documents you need for different kind of projects (e.g. doing something on Twitter, sites, banner campaigns, mobile, gaming, tablet, apps etc), what kind of people and software you need as well as the deliverables for every phase of the digital porduction process.
- Learn how to put together a timeline and initial specs for your brief.
- How to budget without making mistakes. This is an intro on working with vendors with a checklist that covers 'soft' tasks like convincing the boss to start working towards transforming your agency's approach to digital and 'hard' tasks like getting online collaboration software.
This class is targeted at folks who want to know how to run a digital project - or talk confidently about digital to the client. For more info and to register, click here.