Discussing zero to exit and everything in between. This interactive full-day workshop "Boot Camp for Starups - Whip Your Startup Into Shape!" (June 13 in Palo Alto) has been developed by Procopio's Emerging Growth and Technology group for startup entrepreneurs. The members of the EG&T will provide winning strategies related to legal, fund raising, employment, executive compensation, tax and intellectual property issues to consider and the keys to successfully avoid the most common pitfalls made by entrepreneurs.
Our featured lunch panel, "Zero to Exit and Everything in Between," will discuss issues for startup entrepreneurs to consider, including the all important questions related to raising funds and attracting quality investors. Hear unique perspectives from our confirmed speakers: Scott Kupor, Partner and COO, Andreessen Horowitz; Anu Nigam, Serial Entrepreneur, Active Angel Investor, Current Member and Past President of Sand Hill Angels; Adam Blum, CEO, Rhomobile (recently acquired by Motorola); George Hampton, CEO Global Village Concerns (Red Herring 100 Top Tech Company for 2012). Be sure to register early as this event usually sells out!
Key topics to be addressed throughout the workshop include:
- Legal and Business Issues for Startups – Avoiding Traps for the Unwary
- Unintended Consequences Related to: Issuing Stock in Lieu of Compensation
- Misclassification of Consultants;Termination of Founders and Employees
- Equity Compensation for Startups: “What Are My Options to Incentivize in a Hot Market?”
- Tax Implications Related to Options, Restricted Stock and Stock Awards
- Getting What You Need From a Board of Directors and Advisors
- “Nail It and Scale It: A Methodology for Entrepreneurial Success” - Keynote speech by Paul Ahlstrom, Co-Author and Successful VC who has raised $1 Billion Developing and Executing an Appropriate Funding Strategy
- There Are No Shortcuts to Raise Funds: The Perils of Reverse “Shell” Mergers, “Crowd Funding,” and Using Finders When and How to Protect Intellectual Property Other Than Through Patents: When to Rely on Trade Secrets, Copyrights and Trademarks to Protect Your IP
- How to Develop a Patent Strategy That Effectively Communicates the Company’s Value to Investors, Partners and Competitors
- Traps for the Unwary in Licensing, Collaboration and Strategic Partnerships
- “Beginning With the End in Mind”: Top 10 Mistakes You’re Likely Making Now That Could Blow Up Your Exit
- Business Model Scalability: How to achieve breakneck growth with intelligent customer acquisition strategies (Guest Speaker)
In this forum, Procopio attorneys from the EG&T team, special guest speakers, entrepreneurs and VCs will address these topics head-on. You are encouraged to bring your burning questions and informative insight to share during our special peer-to-peer and panelist Q&A session.
Cost to attend is $65 pre-registration, $85 onsite and includes substantive program materials. Note this event is only open to industry companies/individuals looking to form a start-up; no service providers please. Space is limited and registration is required.