8:00am – 9:00am
REGISTRATION & MORNING COFFEE
9:00am – 9:20am
CHAIR’S OPENING REMARKS
9:20am – 9:55am
MORNING KEYNOTE: Making and the True Path
Caterina Fake (Co-Founder, Flickr & Hunch)
9:55am – 10:25am
KEYNOTE CASE STUDY: From Concept to Customers
Robin Chase (Co-Founder, Zipcar & CEO, Buzzcar)
Hear insider stories about key decisions made in Zipcar’s early days. Discover how the company launched with a mere $75k to become the brand you know and love today.
- How Zipcar validated a business model that has scaled globally with very little change over 11 years.
- What was different about Zipcar’s early-stage pitch, how long it took to secure funding and what we learnt about the pitching process.
- How Zipcar pulled together an all-star team and the key decisions that made all the difference.
10:25am – 10:55am
MORNING COFFEE BREAK & NETWORKING
10:55am – 11:55am
PITCH COMPETITION: Finalist Pitches (Session One)
See PITCH Startup Competition finalists in action – learn from real-time investor feedback.
Companies Pitching: Perfect Beauty, Prosperity, Buyosphere, Kismet, DocPons
Judges: Aileen Lee (Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers), Christina Brodbeck (Angel Investor), Dave McClure (Founding Partner, 500 Startups), Rachel Pike (Investment Professional, Draper Fischer Jurvetson), Thomas Korte (Founder & Managing Partner, AngelPad)
11:55am – 12:25pm
MORNING CLOSING KEYNOTE: Product Innovation Leadership
Katie Mitic (Director of Platform & Mobile Marketing, Facebook & Board Member, eBay)
Hear the insider scoop on how Facebook’s product-innovation philosophy permeates everything they do. Discover how you can apply the same principles with your team:
- Learn the product philosophies, lessons and practices that drive Facebook.
- Gain practical tips on creating a leadership culture where everyone is part of the innovation process.
- Balance inspiration and pragmatism to make your disruptions relevant in the long-term.
12:25pm – 12:30pm
CHAIR’S MORNING CLOSING
12:30pm – 2:00pm
LUNCH, INFORMAL NETWORKING & MENTORING
2:00pm – 2:40pm
THE $50M PANEL: Women Sharing VC Funding Successes & Challenges
Deena Varshavskaya (Founder & CEO, Wanelo), Leah Busque (Founder & Chief Product Officer, TaskRabbit), Sheila Lirio Marcelo (Founder & CEO, Care.com)
Hear your questions answered by women who’ve raised millions in funding:
- How does an early-stage entrepreneur break into the angel and investor circle if they don’t have an high-level Silicon Valley network? What routes were successful for you?
- How did you improve your skills and pitch to match what investors were looking for?
- What is the one thing you wish someone had told you? (or that you’d listened to?)
2:40pm – 3:40pm
PITCH COMPETITION: Finalist Pitches (Session Two)
Companies Pitching: DINKLife, Evo, Tiny Review, Hotseat
Judges: Joy Marcus (Partner, DFJ Gotham Ventures), Margit Wennmachers (Partner, Andressen Horowitz), Naval Ravikant (Founder & CEO, AngelList), Sukhinder Singh Cassidy (Founder & Chairman, JOYUS)
More finalists take the stage – take away tips to make your pitches shine.
3:40pm – 3:55pm
AFTERNOON REFRESHMENTS & NETWORKING
3:55pm – 4:20pm
CASE STUDY: Don’t Rely On Cupid. Finding & Cultivating The Right Team
Julia Hu (Founder & CEO, Lark)
Discover how Lark has used creative tactics to build an all-start team on a shoestring budget. Learn practical ways to balance your own team with different types of personalities and skills:
- Attracting the top strategic partners, moonlighters, and mentors from day one without money as part of your team.
- Hiring and firing using a values system and good legal structure: a case study.
- Successfully managing working with friends and partners.
4:20pm – 4:40pm
CASE STUDY: Key Decisions In The First 90 Days of Building A New Product
Cathy Edwards (Founder & CTO, Chomp)
Hear the CTO of Chomp talk about the early build of their product; from integrating key user research to pulling together the right set of engineers and designers to make it happen:
- Discover user’s problems then shuffle and shape your product around where the market is going.
- Pull together a technical team with the right skills and an attitude in the early days to avoid troubles later.
- Understand which early technical decisions will be pivotal during growth stage and then create just the right amount of process to ship product.
4:40pm – 5:20pm
PANEL: Future Trends & Technical Innovations – What’s Next?
Danielle Fong (Co-Founder & Chief Scientist, LightSail Energy), Jean Hsu (Engineer, Obvious), Jeff Clavier (Founder & Managing Partner, SoftTech VC), Leah Culver (Founder & CEO, Grove)
Hear a panel of engineers and scientists talk about their visions of the technical landscape, emerging trends and what they think you should be preparing for. Questions will include:
- How do you think the innovation landscape and processes are changing?
- How can we separate the fads from the phenomena? What do you see as the next big market drivers?
- The role of a scientist when science and business collide. Where are the important compromises in building effective products?
5:20pm – 5:30pm
5:30pm – 6:00pm
PITCH COMPETITION: Award Ceremony
6:00pm – 8:00pm
NETWORKING & COCKTAIL HOUR
Sample truffles and wines while networking at our cocktail hour.