Software Engineering Manager
|Company Name||Pandora (view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 8, 2014|
At Pandora, we’re a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora.
At Pandora we have a single mission: To play only the music you’ll love. (Okay, we’ve added comedy as well – so we’re also up for playing some jokes you’ll love). To do this, it takes lots and lots of smart, self-motivated, and passionate people. Our teams are innovating in everything we do — from our playlists, to our ad services, to making Pandora available everywhere. All of that is in the service of building the best product we can, so that you can simply enjoy the music. Working at Pandora is a job, but a job you’ll love.Want to work on retaining, engaging and growing our user base?We have a fantastic opportunity for an engineering manager in our Growth and Retention team. In this capacity, you will lead that team, provide vision for the future, and build a world-class team of engineers. We are looking for someone who has a track record of delivering high quality software on time and on budget while keeping things fun, agile, and dynamic.
- Assume primary group administrative responsibilities including budget, resource, and staff planning
- Lead the definition and development of our growth and retention initiatives
- Drive best practices including test development, code reviews and release coordination
- Work closely with engineers, product managers and QA to ensure successful launch of features
- Assume project management and scrum master roles as needed
- Expand the existing team of engineers by recruiting and hiring top talent
- Extensive experience leading a technology team that delivers on key goals while also being involved in the determination of those goals and strategic direction
- Minimum three years managing software engineers
- Expert level understanding of web applications development
- Experience managing multiple projects comprising short and long development cycles without supervision
- Experience managing a complex mix of projects and working closely with other parts of the business to communicate and deliver against various goals
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software on schedule
- A progressive management style emphasizing openness, collaboration, and shared goals
- Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross functionally in order to establish and meet shared organizational goals
- Exemplary communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing object oriented software in Java or equivalent OO language
- Experience developing software for deployment on Linux
- Experience leading teams as a scrum master
- Prefer strong computer science background
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected].
- VP of Engineering @ Liftopia posted 15 days ago.
- Silicon Valley Startup looking for tenacious Groovy/Grails Lead Developer posted 18 days ago.
- Back-End Engineer Team Lead new posted 2 days ago.
- Community Evangelist new posted 6 days ago.
- Full Stack Developer posted 9 days ago.