iOS Engineer @ Scribd
|Company Name||Scribd (view profile)|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2014|
IT & Software Development
Scribd is a technology company based in San Francisco. We are building the world’s online library and we’re looking for talented people to help us.
Scribd’s book subscription service (sometimes called the “Netflix for books”) gives readers unlimited access to over 400,000 books from over 900 publishers for a low monthly fee. Using Scribd is like bringing a national library into your home, where you can browse and read as much as you want from your tablet, phone, or computer.
Scribd is already profitable and one of the largest sites on the web, with a global user base of over 80 million. But our journey is only 1% finished. We are still a very small team iterating rapidly, and we’re looking for excellent engineering minds to take us to the next level.
Scribd is now a top 10 app in the eBooks category, and we’ve grown our installs by a factor of 10 over the last 6 months. We also have incredible user engagement: one of our users spent 42 hours using the Scribd iPhone app in one week!
But we’ve done all this with an iOS team of just 1-2 people. To take the app to the next level, we’re looking for an iOS Developer to join our team and help us build the Netflix for eBooks!
Our goal is to invent the world’s best reading experience for mobile devices. To do that, we need to make an amazing reader for all kinds of written content, get offline & syncing exactly right, and build a content discovery experience that always finds you something you actually want to read.
As an iOS Engineer at Scribd, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from our small but excellent (if we do say so ourselves!) team and solve real challenges for an app that is more than just the hottest game – we truly believe that we’re building a meaningful product, and that we can get people to read more by making reading easier and more beautiful on mobile devices.
While we still have work to do, you should have a look at our iOS app. We’d love to know what you think. Scribd on the App Store
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
* A CS degree or an equivalent background in software engineering prior to moving to mobile.
* At least one year of iOS development experience.
* Solid understanding of iOS frameworks and development.
Bonus Points For:
* An impressive iOS project – in the app store, open source, or something you can share with us.
* Great design & product sense.
* Experience in areas besides iOS – Android, web development, etc.
* Experience building book, magazine, PDF or news reading applications.
* Experience with Core Data.
What We Offer:
* Competitive base salary
* Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
* Create your own workstation with any type of equipment
* Free catered meals from local restaurants, three times a day
* Frequent company activities ranging from weekly happy hours to group indoor skydiving
* Generous equity to give you true skin in the game
* Flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
* Imagine mixing go-karts and quadricopters with free food and company ski trips!
* International candidates willing to relocate are welcome to apply!
* The Sourcery will be the first point of contact.
* All applications receive a response.
* All applications are kept strictly confidential.
* Apply via link: http://www.thesourcery.com/jobs/755
- Senior Staff Engineer (Various Positions) posted 20 days ago.
- Sr. Backend Engineer @ Direct Commerce posted 22 days ago.
- Software Engineer – Haskell, Angular, Postgres, Graph databases posted 28 days ago.