Nominate “Women 2.0″ for “Biggest Social Impact” Today!
By Angie Chang (Co-Founder & Editor-in-Chief, Women 2.0)
TechCrunch contributor Vivek Wadhwa identified a catalyzing moment at the Crunchies, the glittering awards show for the tech set hosted by TechCrunch.
His wife accompanied him to the Crunchies awards show and asked the perennial question, “But where are the women?”
Indeed — the entire night of announcements, celebrations and awards one stop short of a ticker tape parade — featured only one woman CEO onstage. That woman was Heather Harde, TechCrunch CEO.
So where are the women CEOs? Women startup CEOs and women-led startups are more real than the sasquatch-looking award handed out at the Crunchies. However, women in tech leadership aside from Sheryl Sandberg and Marissa Mayer are not celebrated by the mainstream startup community. Let’s change that reality, starting today.
Nominate “Women 2.0″ for “Biggest Social Impact” 2012!
Why do we deserve to win “Biggest Social Impact”?
Women 2.0 is a media company with strong social impact:
- Driving job creations
- Catalyzing a new generation of innovation through women-led tech startups
Being a platform for innovative women entrepreneurs to realize their dreams and share stories
Nominations are open now until midnight (PST) on December 13, 2011.
Finalists announced early January, and the awards show is late January 2012 in San Francisco.
Nominate Women Founders And Women-Led Ventures For Awards!
Nominate women-led startups, founders, and investors across 20 categories — from “Best New Startup” to “Best Mobile App” (full list below).
You may nominate one company or person per category per day, but otherwise nominate as much as you want. Full rules here.
Nominate Women And Their Ventures For The Following Categories
- Best Technology Achievement (2010 Winner: Google Self Driving Cars)
- Best Social Application (2010 Winner: DailyBooth)
- Best Shopping Application (2010 Winner: Groupon)
- Best Mobile Application (2010 Winner: Google Mobile Maps for Android)
- Best Local Application (New Award!)
- Best Tablet Application (2010 Winner: Flipboard)
- Best Design (2010 Winner: Gogobot)
- Best Bootstrapped Startup (2010 Winner: Addmired)
- Best Cloud Service (New Award!)
- Best International Startup (2010 Winner: Viki)
- Best Clean Tech Startup (2010 Winner: SolarCity)
- Best New Device (2010 Winner: iPad)
- Best Time Sink (2010 Winner: Cityville)
- Biggest Social Impact (New Award!)
- Angel of the Year (2010 Winner: Paul Graham)
- VC of the Year (2010 Winner: Yuri Milner)
- Founder of the Year (2010 Winner: Mark Pincus)
- CEO of the Year (2010 Winner: Andrew Mason)
- Best New Startup of 2010 (2010 Winner: Quora)
- Best Overall Startup of 2010 (2010 Winner: Twitter)
Who Will You Nominate For The Crunchies?
Let us know in the comments below! Women 2.0 will tweet out nominations and rally the community to help us get these deserving women leaders and their startups some well-deserved exposure.
About the guest blogger: Angie Chang co-founded Women 2.0 in 2006 with Shaherose Charania. She currently serves as Editor-In-Chief of Women 2.0 and is working to mainstream women in entrepreneurship. Previously, Angie held roles in product management, web UI design, and entrepreneurship. In 2008, Angie launched Bay Area Girl Geek Dinners, asking that guys come as the “+1″ for once. Angie holds a B.A. in English and Social Welfare from UC Berkeley. Follow her on Twitter at @thisgirlangie.